The school has a great history spanning over a 100 years.The school was established in colonial times, precisely in 1913 in a small town of Pethapur, which was then a Princely State. It was founded under the aegis of Sheth Mansukhbhai Bhagubhai Memorial Trust, which was established in the memory of an affluent businessman, Sheth Mansukhbhai Bhagubhai.
Sheth Mansukhbhai Bhagubhai had founded the Maneklal Mansukhbhai Group in 1881 and incorporated Gujarat Ginning &Mfg Co.Ltd.In a span of 8 years (1881 to 1889) he expanded his empire with many industries in the western region of India.He was one of the pioneers of textile industry in the city of Ahmedabad. He had started the Ahmedabad Mill Owner’s Association and was unanimously chosen as its President from 1908 to 1912. He was also the first Bullion Exchange Member in UK from India. He died in 1913 and in his memory Maneklal Mansukhbhai Bhagubhai (his son) founded ‘The Sheth Masukhbhai Bhagubhai Memorial Trust’ under which he established several schools and hospitals especially aiming at the upliftment of women and imparting education to the under- privileged.
The founders of this institution included friends and admirers of Sheth Mansukhbhai. They all belonged to the Jain community and the trust was registered as a religious minority trust. (Dharmik Laghumati). They realized the progressive characteristics of the British raj and hence despite of their caste loyalties promoted secular education. So, the school was Anglo Vernacular when established. However, over time it changed into Gujarati Medium.
The school was named -Sheth Mansukhbhai Bhagubhai Anglo Vernacular School under the aegis of this trust and it also had a boarding house named Ranchhodlal Chhaganlal Chhattralaya which provided residential facility to students coming from neighboring cities. The school and the boarding house were situated in different premises close by .This was the first High school in Pethapur.
As years passed, hundreds of students studied here, lived here and passed out. The Trustees always contributed their time and made financial arrangements whenever required for the development of the campus and maintenance of the buildings. In the time of need many community members would donate for the humble cause. The trust also avails tax exemption U/S 80G/5/of the I.T Act 1961.
With the growth of population in Pethapur; it was decided by the board of trustees that a kindergarten and primary school should also be established .Since the boarding house was not used to its full capacity , the same premises was converted into a primary school in 1992 .Today the school runs in six segments spread over two premises. Approximately 1700 students study from Kg to std 12.
Shah Jamnadas Chaturdas
Parikh Amthalal Zumakhram
Shah Ghelabhai Chhotalal
Damani Gulabchand Motichand (Died on 21/1/1917)
Sheth Bakubhai(Manibhai)Mansukhbhai (Died on14/9/1921)
Hathisingh Purshottambhai Maganbhai (Died on 20/12/1914)
Mehta Haathichand Javerchand (Died on15/3/1921 )
Shah Ranchhodlal Chhaganlal (Died on 22/5/1929)
Late: Shah Dipchandbhai Bhaichandbhai
Late: Shah Chandrakant Jamnadas
Late: Shah Bababhai Somchand
Late: Parekh Nemchand Jumakhram
Late: Dr.Chatrabhuj Sakarchand Shah
Late: Patni Lalbhai Motiram
Late: Mehta Champaklal Bhogilal (Died on 29/5/2015)
Late: Shah Virbalaben Chatrabhuj (Died on 16/12/2014)